Lopsided and Lolly Gagging

I'm feeling lopsided.

parking on my novel... get it?

I have hardly touched The Novel, but have been writing short-stories like crazy. Four submitted now in four weeks to four different online mags. That's a pretty good clip. I intend to continue this until I start getting rejections, which will give me a story that week to send somewhere else. A small respite.

this pace is going to make me this old

With four I now need a good database to keep track. Maybe it's time to add Numbers to my iPad? It looks like a good enough App. Not amazing, but decent enough for some simple spreadsheet work.

let's see... carry the one...

Now, back to The Novel. I can finish the first draft of a longer work in no more than three months. I have a handful of words (maybe 4,000) but I'm basically starting a ground zero today. So, three months puts me roughly at the end of September. 1,000 to 1,500 words a day. That's not much in the grand scheme.

I checked. I've done this five times. That's 250,000 words!

Also, if I finish The Novel by then, I can relax and do NaNoWriMo in November. That is a blast if you've never tried it. 50,000 words in 30 days.
But let's stay focused here people. I need to finish The Novel and my characters are pissed that I'm taking my time about it. Maybe I'll kill one of them. How do you feel about a main character dying in the third chapter of a novel?


I probably wouldn't do that cause I don't have a sharp knife


Thanks for reading. Off to write!

Casey

Note: The guy taking the nap came from lizzyknowsall.blogspot.com, the iPad numbers pic came from nsquaredblog.blogspot.com, the Nano dig came from wewhoareabouttodie.com and the funny stabbing cartoon came from huwaaron.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her Cottage

Hotel

My Brother is a Spectacular Man