Named

I recently held a contest on Facebook. I'm not a big contest guy, although sometimes I'll partake, if the mood strikes me and the candle light is just right.

So, here's how it happened:

I wanted to have a name for my iPad. My kids named my Garmin Gary a couple of years ago. Yes, Gary the Garmin. They thought this was fun and ironic since Gary had a sultry female voice. "Arriving at destination, on right." sounded like she was reaching some sort of destination herself.

Anywhoozle, I thought it would be proper to also give my iPad a name.

After some internal conversation* I came up with iVan. I thought it was cute. Nobody, except Marcy - thank you Marcy - agreed with me.

So I thought I'd have a little contest. I invited anybody over a week to submit their name suggestions. I offered a $20 Starbucks card to the one chosen and also stated that my children would do the choosing.

The results were awesome. Some of my faves were Mortimer, Hal and Skinny Mike. Also on the list were Viktor, Paco and iDad. When the time was up I chose a dozen, gave the list to my children and let them decide.

And the winner is:


Isn't he cute?

My Sister made the suggestion, but it was a blind contest so the kids didn't know they were voting for their Auntie Audie's coffee fix.

I'm sure I'm breaking all kinds of rules by using this Nickelodeon character in such a way. But it is a parody, so I figure if SNL can do it and make money, why can't I do it for my own amusement.

If I don't get arrested by the mind police, it'll be me and Padrick from now on.

Cheers,

Casey


* Internal conversations rarely go well for me. I can never convince myself to do what I want to do. Instead I always give in and do what I want to do. It's maddening. Literally.

Comments

  1. Padrick...that is awesome!
    We watch a lot of Spongebob in our house. My favorite Patrick line (from the Spongebob Squarepants movie):
    Patrick: Did you see my underwear?
    Mindy: No Patrick.
    Patrick: Do you want to?
    (Yes, I'm strange)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Thanks for stopping by. We sort of live in Spongebob in this house. Like we need to get us some yellow and pink every day. I have a SB beanie on the dash of my truck I call St. Sponge. The best lines are the lines no kid would quite get.

    Glad to have found you. I'm a half-full guy, by the way, which is sometimes much harder to do than one would think. Is that an oxymoronical statement?

    Anyway, thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That is a great name Casey. You got some great suggestions but Padrick is really unique

    I still don't have an iPad yet but it's on my Wish List.

    Hope you had a great weekend,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thanks for stopping by the Momplex, and for being my first openly-dude follower! Thought I'd come for a visit and got a kick out of this entry; I held a similar contest a couple of years ago when my daughter wouldn't stop playing with miniature plastic horses and couldn't come up with anything more interesting than Rainbow and Sparkle. Padrick is pretty stinkin' witty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joanna. It was a good weekend, but not overly productive. Always next weekend. Oh, wait, my brother is coming to town next weekend. That will mean less than not overly productive. Maybe even a little destructive.

    Cheers,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

This is where you come in...

Popular posts from this blog

Her Cottage

Hotel

My Brother is a Spectacular Man