The First Weekend with the iPad 3G



There are literally thousands of reviews available for the iPad.  I've read most of them.  So, with all that minutia floating about, I'm reticent to add another drop of sand in the bucket.

However, not saying a little something about the last two and a half days would be, well, negligent I think.

I just want to throw out a couple of observations about my initial iPad experience.

It showed up at 3:49PM on Friday afternoon.  I was home and literally staring at the clock.  After the initial hello, unveiling, whatever, the loading of apps and synching with my Mac it was about 8:30 at night.  I made it two more hours before my entire system shut down.  I felt drugged, like I had popped a handful of Benadryl and was hitting my stride.  I fell asleep in my chair at 10:30 and didn't wake up until 9:30 the following morning.

Couple other notes for now...

Very glad I got the keyboard, although I'm getting faster and faster on the virtual.  I normally type 75 WPM or thereabouts.  I'm probably up to about 40 on the virtual.

Don't carry the iPad around when it's on the keyboard dock.  It's not secure.  It will fall.  Mine did.  Bounced off my toe, thank goodness.  (Rather hurt my toe at this point in my iPad relationship.)

I downloaded about 20 apps first thing.  Most are pretty good.  Many are free.  Signed up for 3G, which was super easy.  I'll check that out tomorrow.

I'm a bit disappointed that the dock and the case can't be used together.  I understand why, of course, but still, it's a bit of a drag.

Getting photos into my iPad is easy.  Getting them out is easy.  Getting them into my blogs is proving to be a total drag.  Still looking for an easy way to make that happen.

As far as flash.  All weekend on the thing and I didn't hit a single site that wasn't completely usable.

All in all, this is an incredible machine, and while I"m sad that my Mac will be lonely in the coming months, I'm not really.  Because this is now my machine of choice.

Cheers,

Casey

Comments

  1. I am jealous. Enough said. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it must really be something, to now be your machine of choice. I can't think of anything that would get me away from my iMac, except hubby of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll always love my Mac, but I'm going to be spending more time on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! Glad you like it.

    I spent 45 minutes in the Apple Store on Friday at the Genius Bar and watched as about 15 people bought iPads. I was so jealous.

    Happy weekend,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the anticipation has been pretty much consuming my brain. Glad to have it here. And getting pretty zippy on the keyboard. The one key I really miss is the arrow right key. Oddly.

    Casey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

This is where you come in...

Popular posts from this blog

Her Cottage

Hotel

My Brother is a Spectacular Man