Writer, Fighter, Carpenter Be


I’m a writer. I write short stories, novels, a screenplay, blog posts of course and lots and lots of poems. The word “WRITER” defines me more than any other, I think. More than father, husband, lover, golfer, individualist, banker, boss or any number of other possible me’s.

If I had to write 8 hours a day for the rest of my life, I’d be a happy man. If I had to make 80% of what I make now but I could make a living doing nothing but writing, I’d jump at the chance. If I lost the ability to write, to me it’d be akin to losing about half my soul. It means that much to me.

When I was writing in radio, pumping out a few commercials, promos, show prep sheets or whatever each day, I stopped writing everything else.

When I was immersed in the frantic underwriting of the banking boom from a few years back, I very nearly stopped writing everything else.

And now this blog has taken the bulk of my writing productivity. I tried taking a break about six months ago, hoping it would jumpstart my other projects. It didn’t. Not enough time or not enough of something else, I have no idea.

But a realization.

After all this time, all these years, all these excuses of why I’m not writing, I better change my ways today or I will never complete the works I have planned before my mind is too feeble to complete a grocery list.

Time to get to work, kids.

Time to make time.

Time to Write.

Cheers,

SLC

Comments

  1. I love writing.
    Well, used to love HAND-writing; to penpals and friends.
    But the age of internet destroyed all that. Emails made letters obsolete. Used to write gargantuan amounts of letters to my American and German pen-friends. *sigh*
    They are now gone; either too lazy to write now, or got too old :P
    Still love to write...
    So I got myself fountain pens to remember the glorious yesterdays of handwriting stuff.
    Haven't written an actual story for years.... erm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I told you already, we like your short stories the best. They are so good. I hope you do continue writing. You have a good mind for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadow you're hilarious. But you're right as well. Something about long-hand writing is so magical and will never be overshadowed by my computer.

    Thanks TB. I'm glad you like them. They are probably my most joyful writing for sure.

    Cheers,

    SLC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

This is where you come in...

Popular posts from this blog

Her Cottage

Hotel

My Brother is a Spectacular Man