27.2.10

Seven Steps to WHAT THE F?!


Step 1: Get fat.

Step 2: Set up exercise program and diet for a bet at work.

Step 3: Lose 30 pounds in three months, win $300 and gloat (in the humble way you have) about beating the pants off everyone else.

Step 4: Enjoy Thanksgiving

Step 5: Really enjoy Christmas

Step 6: Get sick for a couple of weeks, stop worrying about calories and forget you own a treadmill.

Step 7: Gain 8 of it back.

What? Really?

It’s true, I’m afraid. I can no longer pretend that I haven’t turned right back in to a slovenly sloth. (The slovenly part isn’t true. I just took a shower. Although I could use a shave. I just liked those two words together…. never mind.)

So, what the hell? That was hard work. Am I just going to let it all go again? Criminy sakes, I’ve gained back almost 1/3 of the poundage that I originally lost. How is that possible.

So, after I write this I’m breaking out the dusty treadmill and going at it again. I’m counting calories (retroactively today – that was scary) until I’m back to that magic number I had obtained.

By the way, counting calories backwards to when you weren’t paying attention, is one freaky experience. It’s 3:30 in the afternoon and I’m already at 1750 on the day. Not good. Sorry cheese, you got to go my friend.

Cheers,

SLC

6 comments:

  1. Normal, I'd think...those 8lbs are possibly all that will go back on...don't worry about it. You're not going to put it all back on...unless you ARE suddenly a slovenly sloth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an incentive when you were in the competition at work. Good luck in getting back to the weight you want to be. Hubby and I are using a walking tape since we don't want to walk or ride bikes in snow. We are up to two miles a day been doing it almost two weeks. It is something we have to stick with and do every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but life is like yo-yo my friend. Sometimes you go up, and sometimes you go down. And that includes our weight :)

    Run Forest, Run! (on that treadmill)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Braja. Yeah, I'm good. Amazing how quickly those habits come and go. I just need to stay focused and I'll be fine.

    TB - What's a walking tape? You're right about the incentive thing. Incentive's with an expiration date are dangerous, aren't they?

    Shadow - Yo Yo I be I'm afraid. Just as long as it's more down than up, I'm good to go. :)

    Cheers,

    SLC

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Northern Hemisphere has just experienced one of the coldest winters in a long time so the scientist in me is thinking that you gained that weight in the interest of staying alive!! Pretty important in the scheme of things, no?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your justification for me! Thank you. But seriously, time to get rid of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is where you come in...