Dog Named Boo

Me and You and a Dog Named Boo

While writing last night I decided to play random music on my iPad and that's what I got.

This is exceptional because I didn't know, or remember that I had that song, or even when I might have purchased, burned or lifted it... or why.

It's not that I don't like the song. It's just that I can't imagine going out of my way to add it to my library.

Then I remembered, which means I searched for the song in my library. About a year ago we received a CD in the mail as some sort of promotional prize or something from an insurance company or HVAC company or somebody else who wanted my money. Turned out to be titled 70's Pop Hits (Vol 2 [Disc 1]). I know what you're thinking... "Where's volume 1? Is there any way we can get our hands on disc 2?"

I threw it on my iPad, as I tend to do, and immediately forgot about it.

What does this have to do with writing? Easy. I decided Talise needs a dog. She spends a good deal of time playing the role of stranger in a strange land in this story and she needs a companion. And I might even call him Boo.

Oh, and I wrote more last night than the night before, so that's something.

Thanks for reading. Off to (look at dog names) write.

Casey

Comments

  1. Anonymous3/1/14 11:48

    Lots of possibilities for dog names :-) But the best names for dogs are those that have a link to their personality. We had a crazy mutt named Barnaby when we lived in Burney, named after the whacky character my brother played in one of the drama class productions. Ripley was named for the character in Alien, because she had to fight like crazy to stay alive due to her medical condition when we rescued her. Chubby little Molly has a ferocious streak to her if someone is threatening her family, just like her namesake Molly Weasley. Figure out your dog's backstory and I'm sure you'll come up with a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent idea, thank you! So far I'm at, "There should be a dog." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does this have to do with writing? Easy. I decided Talise needs a dog. She spends a good deal of time playing the role of stranger in a strange land in this story and she needs a companion. And I might even call him Boo. dog names

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

This is where you come in...

Popular posts from this blog

Her Cottage

Hotel

My Brother is a Spectacular Man