Retro Heaven

I played a lot of video games in the 80's. Well, I play a lot of video games now, I suppose.

But back then there were really only two outlets for my obsession. They were pizza parlors and the Atari 2600.

I spent literally thousands of dollars in rooms just like this, including several years' worth of lunch money


My friend Rob had an Atari 2600, so I sort of lived there. When we weren't playing Dungeons and Dragons, we were building calluses and creating blisters on poorly made joysticks.

see how the joystick is a little hexagon? that hurts after six hours


Anyway, I've been aching for some retro good times on my iPad. This past week, I got my wish in spades. Atari has finally jumped in to iPad euphoria with both feet with a single App that offers 99 original retro games.


The right foot holds perfect video recreations of the video arcade originals:

this is a screen shot of Tempest from my iPad

here we have Lunar Lander


and Missile Command, just to name a few


The left foot is full of original titles for the Atari 2600:

my BIL was the absolute best at Breakout


Combat had dozens of games in one


and Adventure was frustrating and wonderful


All in all, I'm in retro heaven.

I wonder if I can get Nintendo to do that with the Mario franchise?

that would be the ultimate


What have you purchased simply because it reminds you of your more formative years?

Thanks for reading, off to write!

Cheers,

Casey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her Cottage

Hotel

My Brother is a Spectacular Man